|The solution to this issue depends on which build of WinDVD is on your system. To check the version of WinDVD, try the following:
In InterActual Player:
- Open InterActual Player from Start > Programs > InterActual Player.
- Click on the circular "?" button at the top of the window.
- Select System Profiler.
- Please note the version of your WinDVD software, which is located under the DVD Decoder tab.
Interpreting Your Version of WinDVD:
- Open the System Info utility by going to Start > Programs > PCFriendly > System Info.
- Click on the MPEG/DVD button.
- On the right hand side under DVD Info, please note the version number.
If you have a retail version of WinDVD, version 188.8.131.52 or above:
- Open WinDVD from Start > Programs > InterVideo WinDVD.
- Right mouse click once on the video window and select Properties.
- Go to the Audio tab and make sure 2 speaker mode is checked.
- Try the DVD in the InterActual software again.
If you have a Compaq computer with WinDVD, version 184.108.40.206:
We have been advised by some customers using new Compaq systems with the Compaq WinDVD program that there is no sound under the InterActual software. UPDATE: We have been informed by several customers that Compaq has released an upgrade to their WinDVD software which may resolve the audio problem in InterActual Player. This upgrade should be available on their website via a "SoftPaq" download. There may not be an update for every Compaq model; please check their website for details about this update.
If you have an HP computer with WinDVD, version 220.127.116.11:
We have been advised by some customers using new HP systems with the InterVideo WinDVD program that there is no sound under the InterActual software. UPDATE: We have been informed by several customers that this issue may be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the WinDVD software provided by HP. Please contact HP support if you do not know how to do this. Once the WinDVD program has been reinstalled, try the DVD playback in InterActual Player and see if it now works properly.